Friday, January 25, 2008

Missed Dunks

Thoughts while sticking my hand in a blender watching the Dayton-Xavier game:

- Before the opening tip, I knew the Dayton Flyers weren't going to win the game. How you ask? Simple: Tom McCarthy was doing the play-by-play for CSTV. Tom McCarthy single handedly jinxed the Mets this season as the 2nd radio broadcaster and what happens in the off-season..he leaves the Mets to take a job with the Phillies. Better put, he was a NARC for the Phillies.

-Is anyone glad that the Flyers face Richmond without Mike Skrocki? You remember him, lanky white guy who seemingly gave the Flyers fits back in 2002 and 2003.

- Can we find 4 more years of eligibility for Kevin Frey and substitute him for Drew Lavendar the next time Dayton plays Xavier?

- Does anyone else want to either (ram/bomb/throw tomatoes) at Cintas vans when you see them driving around?

- Is it bad that when they mention Thiago Cordiero as simply "Cordiero" on broadcasts, I can't help but think about Wil Cordero the former wife-beating Expo and Red Sox second-baseman.

-Proud of myself that I somehow worked a "Wil Cordero" reference in. Chances of a "Rex Hudler" reference..likely

- I saw this on a milk carton the other day: MISSING : Dayton Flyers Perimiter Shooting.

- Along the lines of inflicting damage on Cintas vans, I've found myself hating 3 Musketeers bars. On a completely related note, I'm still single.

- Show of hands, who thought the 4 guard lineup worked. Ok, how about only hands that did not get an offensive rebound against the Flyers?

No comments: