Friday, January 11, 2008

This hurts

Six weeks from today is Feb. 22. Hopefully, we will see Chris Wright in a basketball uniform two days later when the Flyers play Xavier.

According to the DDN and daytonflyers.com, Wright had an MRI yesterday that revealed a fractured bone in his right ankle. DDN says he will be out 4-6 weeks. Daytonflyers.com says 4-8. Either way, it's a long time, and the best we can hope for is that he'll be back for the stretch run and tournament play.

It's obviously important for Wright to heal completely and have things squared away for his bright, bright future, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him back by the low end of the 4-8 weeks. There's a feeling that this is "the year." Next year is porbably not.

As a side note, did Wright even fall down when he got injured? He might have, but I sort of remember him just coming up a little gimpy then running without a problem back to the other end of the court. Who does that with a broken ankle? Chris Wright is so good at everything.

2 comments:

Secaur said...

Your memory serves you well. It was on the reverse layup. He came up lame and I wouldn't say he ran back without a problem. But he definitely ran back and STAYED IN THE GAME for like two more possessions. There wasn't even an injury timeout called; he waited until the next dead ball and was subbed for ... with a fractured bone in his ankle! He truly is the Chosen One.

Uncreative Commuter said...

I was at a viewing party in Columbus with other UD alumni, and when it happened I said "I hope he didn't break anything." And my fiancee (I sound so grown up now) said he was running on it. Silly, girl. Chris Wright can run on a broken ankle. I'm surprised he doesn't heal himself like the cheerleader on Heroes.