Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yes! Yes! Yes!

The Marian blue jerseys are back!

YES!!!

UD will wear these bad boys Saturday vs. UNC-Greensboro, and I will make the drive to see them in person.

Astute Uni Watch nerds like myself will notice that these jerseys are different. The blue seems to be lighter (although that might be just in the photo - red backgrounds are a bitch when toning a photo). And the Dayton script is red.

For comparason's sake, here's the one they wore last year (and I own and will wear Saturday).


The blues do look different. I like my jersey's blue better, but I have to admit that I like the numbers and the red Dayton better.

5 comments:

Mr. Blackburn said...

Good lord, any word whether they are selling the shorts?

Johnny said...

I'd like to thank you for posting something in my absence so that we could get that Rosie picture off my screen; it popped up every time I opened my browser.

As to the jerseys... unreal. I want one so bad. More importantly, I want UD to go back to the Marian Blue with red. I'd actually like to see a red jersey with the Marian Blue as the secondary color instead as that's what I'd personally prefer.

And of course... Marian blue on the court.

Uncreative Commuter said...

Johnny,

Getting that picture off the top of the screen was one of the reasons I posted what I did.

That and I'm totally lame for jerseys.

Back in the day, UD used to have a Marian blue court, and it was awesome. At the games they are selling hats with the old interlocking UD in red with a hint of Marian blue trim. I bought one right away.

Frank Igoudala Lives! said...

I too am a Uni Watch nerd and am a fan of well-designed jerseys as these are. I think the Marian Blue is beautiful, however of course I'm terrified since the last time we wore marian blue, we lost and things headed downhill.

I guess since thye have subtle changes (and yes the red lettering is a nice touch!) we can consider these different

baskiceball said...

Given the utter dominance we had in the game last night, I'd say the new Marian blue jerseys are far from unlucky.

And I don't know about you, but I'm relieved that the Flyers finally remembered to take the lid of the basket before dunking.