Friday, March 6, 2009
- The game probably doesn't mean much in terms of the NCAA picture. It's just a loss to a ranked team on the road.
- UD still controls its destiny in terms of getting an A-10 bye.
- None of the players got hurt.
- Marcus Johnson (19 points) Charles Little (11) and Chris Wright (10) tried.
- The game was over early enough so that I could watch my DVR'd episode of 30 Rock.
- Kurt Huelsman: I'm done explaining it.
- Luke Fabrizius: When the Flyers need him to play minutes that matter (10 last night) they'd fucked. Xavier puts a rock in the locker of the player who its coaching staff deems did not do a good job "defending the rock." Fabrizius should have a road cone in his locker today because that's all he was defensively.
- Every time the Flyers made a run, they'd do something stupid. Whether it was a bad offensive possession capped with a shot that had no chance of going in or playing 35 seconds of good defense only to give up an offensive rebound, whatever the worst thing they could do was they did.
- The pregame bullshit. You haven't won at Xavier since Jimmy Fucking Carter was in office. Shut the fuck up.
- The bench points? Xavier 31, UD 16. Ugh.
- Second-chance scoring? Xavier 26, UD 7. Fucking seven.
- Watching Xavier cut down the nets after another A-10 title.
- Foul trouble: Huelsman wasted no time getting into foul trouble and Chris Wright and London Warren was on the bench too much as well. I felt UD got almost all of the close calls when it came to charges/blocks when Xavier was at UD Arena. Xavier got all of them last night.
- And, yes, the uniforms. It was fitting they wore black because they played like they were at a fucking funeral. I don't care if the players like them or not. Fucking burn them, scoop up the ashes and bury them 20 feet underground and never speak about them again.